Monday, February 20, 2012

The merits of patience

Over the weekend, my niece turned 12.  She celebrated with a party at a local laser tag facility.  It was pouring rain (like flood causing rain) so some the party guests did not show up.  This made for the need of a few adults to fill in on the game floor.  My husband and I were happy to oblige.  It was a good thing we were on the same team or it would have been a war just between he and I.  As it stood, at the end of the game, I came in second out of 17 players (my brother in law came in first).  My husband came in eighth.  My accuracy was a bit over 16% while his was around 4%.  The difference?  I guess I was only taking the shots I thought I could get and he was just shooting at everything.  I fired just under 275 shots.  He fired almost 700.  My six year old beat him too.

3 comments:

  1. I would like to add that as an old man, that was my second game. I was too tired from coming in second in the first game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every year we have a big game of "Capture the Flag" with all of my husband's family. We make it a competition between the boys and the girls. You can imagine what this looks like. Even though my husband and I are the "old-timers", we have the most fun...It's good to let yourself feel the joy of being a child once in awhile! I'm glad I found your other blog!
    Jenny
    Owl Things First

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a lot of fun. Thanks for stopping by to visit here.

      Delete