Monday, August 31, 2009

Sigh

In the last two weeks, my 4 year old has decided that she is going to get married. I only learned of this when she asked me to buy her a new wedding dress because her old one was dirty. First I was thinking, where did you get an old wedding dress, then I asked her who she was marrying. She told me Prince Elmo. I asked her where they would live and she told me the castle at Disney World. I didn't even know she knew there was a castle at Disney World. Meanwhile, I look over at her dad to see if he was listening to the exchange and he had a look of horror on his face. I guess he didn't expect to hear her talk about marriage this soon.

The 2 year old is becomming more and more energetic. A few times I have even peeked under her bed to see if she has some energy drinks hidden in there. Hopefully, preschool will help curb her energy a bit. Only a week to go before I get two glorious hours a day, three days a week, all to myself.

Today I have been wishing that I had a little tape recorder with all the things I seem to have to repeat myself on at hand to save my voice. Handy things like "Stop hitting your sister," "Get that out of your mouth", "Don't throw that in the house," and "Stop eating things you find in the yard." That last one is for the dogs, not the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment